You’re going to love these titillating legs. Think spices of hot wings, fried chicken and barbecue chicken all in one! I’ve made them skinny by removing the skin before coating and frying in a small amount of olive oil. These chicken legs are prepared in three steps. First, the chicken is coated in a well seasoned flour mixture and refrigerated. Next, the legs are lightly fried and finally smothered with bbq sauce and baked. Sounds like a lot of work, but it really isn’t. Each yummy leg has 166 calories, 3 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook and Bake Time: 50 minutes
Refrigerator Time: 20 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
¼-½ teaspoon cayenne pepper to taste, for desired amount of spice
12 chicken legs, skin removed, see shopping
Cooking spray, we like olive oil spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup barbecue sauce, I like Sweet Baby Rays, see shopping tip
2-3 tablespoons hot sauce, to taste
1. Add flour and all dry seasonings to a plastic bag. Place chicken legs in bag and seal. Shake well to coat. Refrigerate in plastic bag for at least 20 minutes. Can be stored in the fridge for several hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large, nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat olive oil in pan. Add all chicken legs to pan and fry on each side for about 3 minutes, until browned.
3. Line a baking pan or cookie sheet with foil. Place browned legs on pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce and hot sauce, to taste. Add browned legs and coat well.
5. Place legs on the foil lined pan and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
Makes 12 legs (you might want to serve 1-2 legs per serving, depending on what else you’re serving with them)
Skinless chicken is packed with protein. It’s loaded with vitamins and nutrients, such as niacin, B6, B12, vitamin D, iron and zinc.
Most supermarket’s carry Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce. Or use your favorite bbq sauce.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points 5
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 5
Weight Watchers POINT PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 chicken leg
166 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat. fat, 14g protein, 20g carbs, 1g fiber, 266mg sodium, 11g sugar