This is the BEST, most decadent tasting casserole you’ll ever taste. Nobody will even believe it’s lower in fat and calories. It’s my skinny version of Olive Garden’s Chicken Tortellini Alfredo. Each serving has only 257 calories, 8g fat, 7 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 8 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 (9 oz) package cheese tortellini, see shopping tips
1 (15 oz) jar light Alfredo sauce, see shopping tips
1½ (~6 oz) cups chicken breast cooked and diced
1 cup spinach leaves, chopped fine
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese, I like Knudsen’s
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9 X 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook the tortellini al dente (two minutes less than the time given on the package). Drain.
3. Place tortellini in a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, carefully stir in Alfredo sauce, diced chicken, spinach, tomatoes, cottage cheese, and garlic powder until combined.
4. Place mixture in baking dish. Spread out to evenly distribute. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over pasta to cover. Then sprinkle Parmesan cheese all over top.
5. Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and light golden brown on top.
6. Cool slightly before cutting into 6 servings. This casserole freezes great.
Makes 6 servings.
Most supermarkets sell refrigerated packages of cheese tortellini including Trader Joe’s. They usually come in a 9-ounce package, I like Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini, Trader Joe’s, or Rana mini cheese tortellini (½ of 20 oz pkg).
You can find reduced-fat Alfredo sauce in most supermarkets in the pasta sauce aisle. Classico, Bertolli, and Prego all make one. I used Classico to calculate the skinny facts.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 7-Blue
WW SmartPoints 8-Green
WW Points Plus 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
257 calories, 8g fat, 5g sat fat, 67mg chol, 19g prot, 26g carbs, 1g fiber, 660mg sod, 3g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
216 calories, 4g sat fat, 12g protein, 3g sugar