It’s baseball season…Don’t you just love a great tasting hot dog topped with mustard, relish and maybe even ketchup? I’ve created a meatloaf with all these fabulous flavors, only a whole lot healthier! The skinny for 2 slices, 169 calories, 4 grams of fat and 4 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints. It freezes great! Serve with my recipe for Skinny Fries and a vegetable such as steamed broccoli or Simply Crunchy Slaw.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
1-1¼ pounds ground turkey
½ cup sweet pickle relish
⅓ cup spicy brown mustard or regular mustard
1 small onion, chopped
1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread made into crumbs, (about ½ cup crumbs), see instructions
1 egg white
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper
Ingredients for Topping:
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard or regular mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan or cooking sheet with foil. Set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice bread. Keep the crust on, add to blender or food processor and pulse into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add crumbs and all meatloaf ingredients and mix well.
4. Place meatloaf mixture in center of baking pan and shape into a 12 x 4 inch loaf by hand. Bake for 60 minutes.
5. Remove meatloaf from oven. In a small bowl, combine ketchup and mustard. Spread topping all over top of loaf. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. Cut into 12 slices.
Makes 12 slices, 2 slices per serving
I love Milton’s Multi-Grain bread and used it to make the bread crumbs.
You’ll save a tremendous amount of calories and fat by free forming the meatloaf. If you prepare it the way your Grandma did in a loaf pan, the fat soaks into the loaf.
If you don’t like messy hands when mixing the meatloaf mixture, put the ingredients in a large, plastic bag, seal it, then squish the contents together until well mixed.
Leftovers make a really yummy sandwich. Serve on a sandwich thin, bread or even a hot dog bun! Top with lettuce and tomato.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-Blue
WW SmartPoints 4-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 2 slices
169 calories, 4g fat, 1g sat. fat, 27mg chol, 19g protein, 16g carbs, 2g fiber, 531mg sodium, 8g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
145 calories, 1g sat. fat, 18g protein, 7g sugar