Sometimes you just need a simple chicken recipe that comes out yummy every time you make it. This one is beyond juicy and flavorful! And, it calls for just a handful of ingredients. I’ve included my favorite blend of spices but feel free to vary them to your liking. Mine has a smokey barbecue flavor. Although I always make these in my air fryer, I’ve included instructions to bake them too. Each chicken breast has 190 calories, 5 grams of fat and 0 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 3 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 5 ounces each ( I used 2 large chicken breasts and slice them lengthwise to create 4 chicken breasts total)
Olive oil spray
2 teaspoons smoked paprika, see shopping tips
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt or ½ teaspoon table salt
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 large egg, beaten
1. To cook in air fryer: Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and chili powder.
3. In a medium bowl, add the beaten egg. Dip each chicken breast into the egg. Turn over and dip well to coat each breast. Next, place chicken on a plate. Sprinkle seasonings over all breasts. Turn over and sprinkle the other side.
4. Coat air fryer with olive oil spray. Add 2 chicken breasts to air fryer basket and cook turning halfway, until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining 2 chicken breasts. If you have a large air-fryer, you can cook all 4 breasts at once.
5. To bake in oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large non-stick pan with olive oil spray. Follow step 3 above to prepare chicken breasts. Place all 4 breasts in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Turn, and cook 2 minutes on other side. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish and place in the oven. Bake until no longer pink in the center about 8-10 minutes total.
Makes 4 servings
I love the flavor of smoked paprika so much more than regular paprika! It smells like BBQ flavors and really enhances the flavor of any recipe that uses paprika. I strongly recommend using it in this recipe. You’ll find it in most supermarkets in the spice aisle. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 0-Blue
WW SmartPoints 3-Green
WW Points Plus 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
190 calories, 5g fat, 2g sat. fat, 81mg chol, 33g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fiber, 549mg sod, 0g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
0 calories, 0g sat. fat, 0g protein, 0g sugar