These hand-cut fries are fabulous! They’re perfectly seasoned and made very skinny in an air fryer. Have you bought one yet? An air fryer is truly amazing and life-changing. Each serving has 124 calories, 4 grams of fat and 4 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 4 Green. They make a nice healthy snack or a great side for burgers, sandwiches, bbq, or just about anything! To bake fries, see the instructions below.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Fries:
2 medium sweet potatoes (~6 ounces each) or 1 large sweet potato (~12 ounces total)
2 teaspoons olive oil
Ingredients for Seasonings:
1 teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika, see shopping tips
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne pepper)
1. Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Scrub potatoes and peel them. Slice into strips about ¼ inch thick. Be sure to cut sweet potatoes into similar sized pieces so they cook evenly.
2. Add cut potatoes to a bowl. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Toss to coat all potatoes.
3. In a small bowl, mix together all seasoning ingredients. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons all over potatoes and toss well to coat. Save remaining seasoning to add later, if desired, or to season another dish.
4. Arrange potatoes in air fryer basket. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Be sure to shake the basket halfway through baking.
5. To reheat leftover fries. Place back in preheated air fryer for about 5 minutes. Or, place on a cookie sheet and heat in a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
Makes 3 servings.
This sweet, orange-colored root vegetable is actually a sweet potato. Yes, all so-called “yams” are in fact sweet potatoes. Most people think that long, red-skinned sweet potatoes are yams, but they really are just one of many varieties of sweet potatoes.
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food. A mechanical fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer.
The air fryer I bought is called Nu Wave Brio Air Fryer. It’s a 3-quart size and they do make them larger if desired. I love it! It’s very simple to use. You can buy it on Amazon.
I love the flavor of smoked paprika so much more than regular paprika! It smells like BBQ flavors and really enhances the flavor of any recipe that uses paprika. I strongly recommend using it in this recipe. You’ll find it in most supermarkets in the spice aisle. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s.
How to Bake Fries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Follow steps 1-3. Place fries on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender and crisp. Turn potatoes once during baking.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-Blue
WW SmartPoints 4-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 3
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
124 calories, 4g fat, 0g sat. fat, 0mg chol, 2g prot, 23g carbs, 3g fiber, 257mg sod, 5g sugar