So heavenly good! The crock-pot makes this dinner a snap to make. Once cooked, you shred the chicken and serve it over steamed cabbage or rice, if desired. The peanut sauce is so rich and decadent tasting! Each serving has 262 calories, 11 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Crock-Pot Time: 2 hours on high heat or 4 hours on low heat
Ingredients for Chicken:
6 (4 ounces each) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (24 ounces total)
1½ cups onions, diced
1¼ cups red bell pepper, diced
Ingredients for Sauce:
½ cup salsa (medium heat), I used Pace Chunky Salsa
⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon peanut butter, chunky or smooth
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (for gluten-free, use Tamari soy sauce)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons rice vinegar or other white vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Ingredients for Serving:
12 cups cabbage, shredded
6 tablespoons green onions, diced, for topping, optional
1. Add chicken, onions and red bell peppers to the bottom of the crock-pot.
2. In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and blend well. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Be sure everything is coated well.
3. Cook on low heat for 4 hours or on high heat 2 hours. Once done, remove chicken, cool slightly and shred or dice into small pieces.
4. Just before serving: Add cabbage to a large bowl and steam in microwave for 2-3 minutes, until soft.
5. To serve: Place about 1½ cups steamed cabbage on each plate. Top with 1 cup chicken including sauce.
6. Freeze any leftovers, if desired. Add cabbage, chicken and sauce to an individual containers and freeze.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 1 cup chicken and sauce and about 1½ cups cooked cabbage.
Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats and can help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. For the healthiest choice, look for brands that have no oil or sugar added.
This dish contains 7 grams of fiber, thanks to serving it over cooked cabbage.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
252 calories 11g fat, 3g sat, fat, 55mg chol, 31g prot, 21g carbs, 7g fiber, 563mg sod, 5g sugar