Just 2 main ingredients to pure yumminess! This recipe is ridiculously simple to make and is Whole 30, low-carb, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-approved. Makes a wonderful side dish, appetizer, or even a snack. Each has only 34 calories, 2 grams of fat and 1 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 1 Green.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
6 thick asparagus spears (not the thin ones)
6 slices bacon or prosciutto, see shopping tips
Olive oil spray
1. To Cook in Air Fryer: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. .While air fryer preheats, trim asparagus.
2. Wrap each piece of asparagus with 1 slice of bacon or prosciutto, repeat this process with the remaining asparagus.
3. Spray air fryer basket with olive oil spray, then place wrapped asparagus in the basket and cook for 7-9 minutes, until bacon or prosciutto is crisp.
4. To Roast in Oven: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or coat with olive oil spray. Roast for 8-10 minutes until bacon or prosciutto is crisp.
5. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled and so on. Cook in batches in air-fryer.
Makes 6 Bacon or Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
I used Trader Joe’s uncured-dry rubbed sliced bacon (no nitrates). Each slice has 30 calories. There are many brands sold in major supermarkets. Be sure to pick up healthier bacon that’s uncured with no nitrites. My Skinny Facts were based on each slice of bacon, 30 calories.
I bought the prosciutto at Trader Joe’s. The brand is called Citterio Tagliofresco Prosciutto Di Parma. Each slice has 31 calories. Most major supermarkets sell a similar one. Skinny Facts were based on each slice of prosciutto, 31 calories.
If you’d like to make this bacon or prosciutto-wrapped asparagus ahead of time for easy meal prep, or party prep, you can air fry (or roast) in advance. Reheat in your air fryer for 1-2 minutes or in the oven at 400 degrees.
Whole 30 Tips
To keep this recipe Whole 30, be sure your prosciutto contains pork, salt, and water only. Some brands contain: sugar, dextrose, or any other ingredients which would not be Whole 30.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 1-Blue
WW SmartPoints 1-Green
WW Points Plus 1
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
34 calories, 2g fat, 1g sat. fat, 5mg chol, 2g prot, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 110mg sod, 0g sugar
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
35 calories, 2g fat, 1g sat. fat, 10mg chol, 4g prot, 1g carbs, 0g fiber, 260mg sod, 0g sugar