Quick and easy shrimp scampi, sautéed in a light and delicate garlic butter sauce. It’s so good! Plus, have you jumped on the bandwagon with zoodles? They are noodles made from zucchini instead of using pasta. They work wonderfully with this recipe. Each serving has only 170 calories, 7 grams of fat and 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
2 large zucchini, cut into noodles (3 cups of zoodles) see prep tip below
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about ½ pound)
2½ tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
1½ tablespoons freshly lemon juice
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Prepare zoodles, see prep tip below. Place zoodles in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in microwave for about 2 minutes, until softened.
2. In the meantime, in a large nonstick pan, heat butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring often, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 2 minutes. Season shrimp with a little salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
4. Increase heat to medium. To the same pan, add white wine and lemon juice. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the softened zucchini noodles and cooked shrimp. Toss to combine and heat about 30 seconds.
5. Divide the zoodles among 2 plates and spread out over plate. Top each with 6 shrimp. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving 6 shrimp and ½ the zoodles.
Thanks to a noodle-making invention called the spiralizer, you can substitute traditional pasta noodles with fruits and veggies. One of the more popular choices for substituting noodles are “zoodles!” (zucchini noodles).
To make zucchini noodles: Use a julienne peeler, mandolin or vegetable spiral, see shopping tips below.
Although there are many zoodle makers on the market, the easiest one to use and most inexpensive one is called Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer, Makes Veggie Pasta. It costs about $10. Click on the link to buy it on Amazon.com
This is my new favorite zoodle maker. Also very easy to use.
Veggetti Pro Table-Top Spiralizer, Quickly Spiral Slice Vegetables into Healthy Veggie Pasta
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints 2
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving, 6 shrimp and ½ of the zoodles.
170 calories, 7g fat, 4g sat. fat, 80mg chol, 11g prot, 12g carbs, 4g fiber, 265mg sod, 5g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
78calories, 0g sat. fat, 0g sugar, 1g protein