This is a heavenly way to make salmon! Tastes like it was prepared in the finest of restaurants. And, ridiculously easy to make. My husband totally loved it and he’s not much of a fish lover. Each serving has 262 calories, 12 grams of fat and 3 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 8 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Marinate Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon reduce-sodium soy sauce (Tamrari for gluten-free)
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Fresh ground black pepper and little salt, if desired
2 (5 oz) pieces of salmon (I used wild salmon)
Lemon wedges, for serving
1. In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic and pepper.
2. Line a baking dish with foil. Place salmon in dish and pour ½ maple syrup mixture over salmon. Cover dish, and marinate salmon in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Turn over, pour remaining maple syrup mixture over salmon. Continue to marinate in refrigerator for15 minutes more.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove salmon from fridge and keep in baking dish. Place baking dish in preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 12 minutes. Next, place under broiler for about 3 minutes or until golden and easily flaked with a fork. The salmon is done when it flakes easily at the thickest part. Note: The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
4. Plate each piece of salmon and pour any reserved sauce over each piece. If the sauce has dried up, add a little hot water and mix well. Pour sauce over each piece of salmon. Serve with lemon wedges on the side, if desired.
5. This recipes can easily be doubled or tripled.
Makes 2 servings. Each, 5 ounces.
Salmon is high in protein and is a rich source of vitamins A and the B-group vitamins. Salmon is a good source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant. Perhaps, most important, salmon contains Omega-3 oil, which decreases the risk of coronary heart disease and certain cancers.
100% pure maple syrup should keep for several years unopened, in a cool pantry, at least a year opened in the refrigerator, and indefinitely in the freezer. And, maple syrup retains its flavor best when kept in the freezer (it will not freeze solid).
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 3-Blue
WW SmartPoints 8-Green
WW Points Plus 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 (5 oz ) piece of salmon, includes sauce
262 calories, 12g fat, 2g sat. fat, 58mg chol, 26g prot, 16g carbs, 0g fiber, 431mg sod, 14g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
50 calories, 0g sat. fat, 14g sugar, 0g protein