The perfect 30-minute meal made in just one pan. This stir-fry is packed with veggies, very high in fiber, and loaded with great flavor! Each 2 cup serving has 294 calories, 6 grams of fat, 10 grams of fiber, and only 2 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints and 8 Green.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Lo-Mein:
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
4 medium zucchini, made into zoodles (8 cups total)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 (10 oz) pkg shredded cabbage (about 4-5 cups)
¼ cup water
1 cup snow peas, cut in half
1 cup carrots, shredded
Ingredients for Sauce:
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon ginger, from a jar, see shopping tips
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cook onions and red bell peppers in microwave for 2 minutes, to soften.2. Make the zoodles. You need 8 cups total. See prep tips below.
3. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a wok or large nonstick pan. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until chicken is cooked through about 5 minutes. After done cooking, add garlic and stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, set chicken aside in a bowl or plate.
4. Heat 1 more teaspoon oil. Immediately add zoodles, cabbage, softened onions/peppers to the pan and cook, tossing frequently for 4 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup water, snow peas, and carrots. Continue to cook for 3 minutes. Stir all the time.
5. Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, ginger, honey, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Once vegetables are done cooking, pour in sauce and toss to coat vegetables well. Add back cooked chicken. Stir-fry for 2 additional minutes.
6. Divide lo-mein into bowls and serve immediately.
Serves 4. Each serving, about 2 cups.
The best and easiest way to make zoodles is with the Veggeti Spiral Vegetable Slicer. See shopping tips below. If you don’t want to buy one, you can use a julienne peeler, vegetable peeler or mandolin. Using a vegetable peeler will make your noodles much wider but will still taste good.
Although there are many zoodle makers on the market, the easiest one to use and most inexpensive one is called Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer, Makes Veggie Pasta. It costs about $10. Click on the link to buy it on Amazon.com
This is my new favorite zoodle maker. Also very easy to use.
Veggetti Pro Table-Top Spiralizer, Quickly Spiral Slice Vegetables into Healthy Veggie Pasta
Chopped or crushed ginger, in a jar, can be found in the produce section near garlic, in a jar.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 2-Blue
WW SmartPoints 8-Green
WW Points Plus 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 2 cup serving
294 calories, 6g fat, 1g sat. fat, 55mg chol, 32g prot, 33g carbs, 10g fiber, 555mg sod, 17g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
40 calories, 0g sat. fat, 0g protein, 3g sugar