These lasagna roll-ups are so amazingly good…Really! They’re a cinch to make since they use a jarred sauce. The whole grain lasagna noodles taste great and add fiber. Each vegetarian, lasagna roll-up has 220 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 6 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 6 Green. One is very satisfying, so you’ll only need to serve with a salad or vegetable dish. I love serving them with my Super Low Calorie Caesar Salad on a Stick. Enjoy your dinner!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
9 whole-grain or whole wheat lasagna noodles, see shopping tips
1 cup onions, chopped
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 (15 oz) container fat-free ricotta cheese or light ricotta, see shopping tips
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 egg, I like Eggland’s Best
A little salt and fresh pepper, to taste
1 (24 oz) jar pasta sauce, I like Classico Tomato Basil or Prego
⅔ cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 12 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, rinse and drain. Lay noodles on paper towels and blot them with paper towels to completely dry.
3. In the meantime, on a microwave-safe plate or small bowl, add onions and cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, until soft.
4. Combine cooked onions, spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, and a little salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Take ⅓ cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over each noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
6. Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each evenly with the mozzarella cheese. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
7. To serve: spoon a little sauce on the plate and top with 1 lasagna roll-up.
Makes 9 lasagna roll-ups. Each serving, 1 roll-up
There are several brands of whole grain or whole wheat lasagna noodles that will work great for this recipe. I used Barilla.
You’ll find fat-free or light ricotta cheese in most supermarkets. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s. Below I’ve included the skinny facts made with fat-free ricotta. Here they are for light ricotta:
266 calories, 9g fat, 40mg chol, 30g carbs, 17g prot, 4g fiber, 550mg sod, 4g sugar
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 6-Blue
WW SmartPoints 6-Green
WW Points Plus 6
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 lasagna roll-up made w/fat-free ricotta
220 calories, 5g fat, 2g sat. fat, 37mg chol, 31g carbs, 15g prot, 4g fiber, 532mg sod, 6g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
215 calories, 2g sat. fat, 6g sugar, 14g protein