The wonderful flavors of an enchilada made quickly in this one pan wonder! Dinner on the table in 35 minutes and absolutely hearty, healthy and delicious! Each serving has 380 calories, 9 grams of fat and 9 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Enchilada:
1½ cups onions, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) diced into small pieces
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
8 corn tortillas, cut or torn into bite-size pieces (I used La Tortilla Factory’s organic white corn tortillas or use your favorite)
½ teaspoon cumin
1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce, mild or medium (for gluten-free use La Victoria)
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
Ingredients for Topping:
1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1¼ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped
1¼ cup romaine lettuce, shredded
5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream or fat free plain yogurt, optional
1. In a microwave safe bowl or plate, add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften.
2. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and heat in pan. Add chicken, garlic and cooked onions. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until chicken is completely white. Use a spatula to keep turning over while cooking.
Stir in 8 tortillas, torn or cut into pieces and cumin. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, until tortillas are soft. Stir often.
3. Pour undrained tomatoes, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce over chicken/tortilla mixture. Mix well. Cover pan and continue to cook over low heat, about 5 minutes.
4. To serve: add about 1½ cups of enchilada mixture to each bowl. Top each with 3 tablespoons cheese. Mix in a bit to melt. Top cheese with ¼ cup tomatoes and ¼ cup lettuce. Finally, top with 1 tablespoon sour cream or yogurt, if desired. Repeat with each serving.
5. Any leftover enchilada mixture freezes great.
Makes 5 servings. Each serving, ~ 1½ cups, including toppings (but not optional sour cream or yogurt)
La Tortilla Factory tortillas can be found in most supermarkets in the tortilla section. I bought mine at Vons/Safeway. Or use your favorite corn tortillas.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 9
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 10
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 skinny serving
380 calories, 9g fat, 3g sat. fat, 60mg chol, 36g prot, 40g carbs, 5g fiber, 1,025mg sodium, 4g sugar