Here’s a fabulous meatloaf I know your family will really enjoy! The flavor is outstanding. It uses a cornbread stuffing mix which creates a subtle flavor to this extra lean meatloaf. Each hearty 2 slice serving has 188 calories, 4 grams of fat and 5 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints and 6 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
1 pound extra lean ground beef, see shopping tips
1 cup Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix (use the dry mix. do not make stuffing)
¾ cup onions, diced
½ cup barbecue sauce, divided
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¾ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, add ground beef, egg, stuffing mix, onions, ¼ cup barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Lawry’s seasoning, garlic powder and a little black pepper. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
3. Place meatloaf mixture in the center of the baking pan. Shape into a 12 x 3 inch loaf by hand.
4. Spread remaining ¼ cup barbecue sauce evenly over top of loaf and down sides.
5. Bake 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12 slices.
Serves 6 (each serving, 2 slices)
Happily most supermarkets sell lean ground beef. I used the 96% lean ground beef from Trader Joe’s.
Sometimes I use an extra lean, grass feed beef. Most supermarkets sell this type of ground beef. It’s a wonderfully healthy choice.
Serve this yummy meatloaf with one of my skinny mashed potato recipes and steamed veggies.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints 5-Blue
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 6-Green
Weight Watchers Points Plus 5
|SKINNY FACTS: for 2 slices
188 calories, 4g fat, 2g sat. fat, 64mg chol, 20g carbs, 18g prot, 0g fiber, 626mg sod, 10g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
168 calories, 1g sat. fat, 16g protein, 9g sugar