Easy and temptingly delicious, this cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini, is a real comfort food classic! I’ve already shared one made in a skillet. This skinny version is made into a casserole. Each serving has 335 calories, 12 grams of fat and 7 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 8 Green.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
6 ounces whole-grain spaghetti (4 cups cooked)
2 tablespoons light butter
2 cups onions, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1½ cups cooked chicken, chopped, see shopping tips
1 (10.75-oz) can Campbell’s Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese or reduced-fat cottage cheese
½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
⅓ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
¼ teaspoon salt, black pepper, and garlic powder or to taste
¾ cup light shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain. Set aside.
3 In the meantime, In a large microwave-safe bowl, add butter, onions, and mushrooms and cook in a microwave for 4-5 minutes, until soft.
4. To the same large bowl of cooked onions/mushrooms, add chicken, condensed can of soup, ricotta cheese, chicken broth, and yogurt. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Using a rubber spatula, mix well until all incorporated. Stir in cooked pasta. Mix completely until well tossed.
5. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with both kinds of cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes, until cheeses are melted.
6. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes. Cut into 6 slices. Any leftovers freeze great!
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 1 slice.
Tetrazzini is an American dish often made with diced chicken, turkey, tuna, or seafood with vegetables such as mushrooms and onions and cooked in a butter/cream sauce. Usually served over pasta There are numerous variations of this dish.
You might like to try my other Chicken Tetrazzini recipe made in a skillet-https://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/easy-skillet-chicken-tetrazzini-made-skinny/
Trader Joe’s sells packages of cooked, sliced, or chopped chicken breasts that are really tasty. If you buy a cooked chicken from the supermarket, be sure to remove the skin before chopping and adding to this dish.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 7-Blue
WW SmartPoints 8-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 9
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
335 calories, 12g fat, 3g sat. fat, 61mg chol, 25g prot, 37g carbs, 4g fiber, 700mg sod, 6g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
260 calories, 2g sat. fat, 14g protein, 3g sugar