These are sooo good and so easy to make! A little crispy on the outside and very tender on the inside. Plus, baked not fried! Theyʼre not only dipped in a yummy honey mustard, yogurt sauce before baking, some of it is saved for dipping. Each serving (3 chicken fingers) has 287 calories, 2 gram of fat and 7 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, including dipping sauce. Serve with a salad and you’ll be all set for dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baked Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Sauce:
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt or nonfat plain yogurt
¼ cup honey
¼ cup spicy brown mustard or yellow mustard
Ingredients for Chicken Fingers:
1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breasts cut into strips to equal 12 pieces
3 cups cornflakes, crushed into crumbs or ¾ cup Kelloggʼs cornflake crumbs, see shopping tips
1 teaspoon smoked paprika, see shopping tips
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
Barbecue sauce for dipping, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
2. To make cornflake crumbs: Either process in blender, mini chop or food processor. Or, place in sealed plastic bag and crunch with hands into crumbs.
3. In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup yogurt, honey and mustard. Remove ½ cup of sauce and refrigerate until ready to serve, for dipping.
4. To the remaining sauce, stir in 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
5. In another small bowl, add cornflake crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, sugar and salt.
6. To assemble: Dip chicken pieces into sauce. Next, dip each piece in cornflake crumbs. Place on baking sheet. Repeat for all 12 pieces of chicken.
7. Bake in oven for 7 minutes, turn chicken fingers over and bake for additional 6-8 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
8. Serve with dipping sauce that has been stored in refrigerator. In addition, you can serve with a little barbecue sauce for dipping.
Entire recipe makes 12 chicken fingers and ½ cup dipping sauce (each serving, 3 chicken fingers and a little sauce)
Shopping Tip s
Kelloggʼs cornflake crumbs are super easy to use for this recipe and can be found in the baking aisle of many supermarkets.
Smoked paprika can be found in the spice section of most supermarkets. It has wonderful sweet, smokey flavor. If you canʼt find it use regular paprika.
Instead of cornflake crumbs, you can use Panko bread crumbs, regular bread crumbs or crushed reduced fat potato chips.
Since I created this recipe, I’ve come up with a fabulous, homemade, low calorie honey mustard salad dressing that would also taste great with this recipe. If you like to check out this recipe, click here: Skinny Honey Mustard Dressing (23 calories a tablespoon)
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 7- Blue
WW SmartPoints 9-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 3 chicken fingers and a little sauce
287 calories, 2g fat, 1g sat. fat, 56mg chol, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 2g fiber, 497mg sodium, 22g sugar
FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints (3 chicken fingers and a little sauce)