If you’re looking for a chicken recipe with simple ingredients, easy to make, and with outstanding results, give this one a try! This chicken is incredible tasting, super tender, and the juiciest! A 2 chicken thigh serving has 298 calories, 10 g fat, and 6 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 6 Green. Perfect to serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice and steamed veggies on the side.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Marinade Time: 2 hours or overnight
½ cup low sodium soy sauce or Tamari (for gluten-free)
2½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
⅛-¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste (I used ⅛ teaspoon)
2 teaspoon ginger (from a jar) or freshly grated ginger, see shopping tips
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed (~ 2½ pounds)
½ cup onions, chopped
1 scallion, green only sliced for garnish, optional
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger and mix well. Add chicken thighs and chopped onions to a large bowl. Pour half of the marinade (⅓ cup) over the chicken, covering all the meat. Marinate at least 2 hours, or as long as overnight. Reserve the remaining marinade for later.
2. To Bake in Air-fryer: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Coat inside basket with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade and transfer to the air fryer basket. Cook in batches about 12 minutes total, turning halfway until cooked through in the center.
3. To Cook in Oven: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken thighs in a baking pan coating with cooking spray. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes until cooked through in the center.
4. Meanwhile, place the remaining marinade in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until it reduces slightly and thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5. To serve, drizzle sauce over the chicken and top with scallions, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving, 2 thighs (~8 ounces total)
If you are on a Paleo diet or Gluten-free, use a wheat-free soy sauce known as Tamari. There are several brands available in most supermarkets.
Chopped or crushed ginger, in a jar, can be found in the produce section near garlic, in a jar.
To make this dish Keto, use Truvia (stevia) to replace the honey.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 6-Blue
WW SmartPoints 6-Green
WW Points Plus 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 2 chicken thighs
298 calories, 10g fat, 3g sat fat, 215mg chol, 40g protein, 6g carbs, 850mg sod, 1g fiber, 2g sugar