Many of you know these outrageously delicious bars as Magic Bars or Hello Dolly’s. I’m calling them, “Magical Bars” because they are just that! In fact, they’re probably the best bars ever created, even this skinny version is pretty amazing. Super rich and decadent and just six ingredients layered right in the pan. They’re a whole lot skinnier because I’m using reduced-fat butter, fat-free sweetened condensed milk and a lot less chocolate, nuts and coconut. Each delectable bar has 133 calories, 6 grams of fat and 6 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints and 6 Green WW SmartPoints. These freeze great too!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
¼ cup reduced-fat butter
1¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
½ cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 13 x 9 baking pan, generously coat all sides with cooking spray with flour in it. I used Pam cooking spray with flour in it. If you don’t have it, coat with cooking spray and sprinkle bottom and sides with a little flour. Add butter and place in the oven to melt. This will take no more than a minute or two.
3. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the top of the butter and pat down a little. Do not mix.
4. Sprinkle the coconut evenly over the crumbs.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the coconut.
6. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the chips. To make the milk easier to drizzle, place the can in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes.
7. Top with the nuts.
8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
9. Cut into 24 squares while still somewhat hot. If you let them cool they become very difficult to cut!
Makes 24 bars
Sweetened condensed milk is what binds all of the ingredients together in these Magical Bars. It’s normally made from a mixture of whole milk and sugar that has about 60% of its water removed. Its consistency is thick and sticky like honey and is very sweet tasting. I’m using a fat-free version made with nonfat milk.
You’ll find graham cracker crumbs in a box in the baking section of most supermarkets.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 6-Blue
WW SmartPoints 6-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 skinny magical bar
133 cal, 5.7g fat, 2.2g sat. fat, 3mg chol, 3g protein, 19g carbs, 1g fiber, 61mg sodium, 16g sugar