This is a delicious and healthy dinner with very few ingredients. So much better than takeout! One bite and my husband said…This is amazingly good! I agree and hope you do too. Each serving has 304 calories, 8 grams of fat and 9 Blue Freestyle SmartPoints, and 9 Green.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2½-4 hours on low heat
Ingredients for Beef Teriyaki:
1½ pounds lean top sirloin steak or lean stew meat, cut into small bite-size pieces
1 (21 oz) bottle Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Less Sodium Marinade (use ½ bottle for this recipe) see shopping tips
1½ cups onions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Ingredients for Broccoli:
1 (14-16 ounce bag) frozen steam in bag broccoli florets, see shopping tips
¼ cup chopped scallions (white part and some of the green)
1. Place the pieces of steak in a crock pot. In a medium bowl, mix together ½ bottle of teriyaki sauce, onions, and garlic. Pour over steak pieces. Cover crock-pot and set to low heat. Cook until tender. I cut the beef into very small pieces and it took only 2½ hours to cook on low heat setting. If you use large pieces it can take 3-4 hours.
2. Once beef is cooked, prepare broccoli; Add frozen broccoli to a bowl. Cover and microwave on high heat for 6-7 minutes, until broccoli, is tender-crisp. Drain. Cut in half any broccoli pieces that are too large.
3. Drain any liquid from cooked broccoli. Using a rubber spatula so the broccoli doesn’t break, mix cooked broccoli in with the beef teriyaki.
4. Serve beef, broccoli, and sauce over brown rice, cauliflower rice, steamed shredded cabbage, if desired.
5. Any leftovers freeze great.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 1 cup of beef, broccoli, and sauce.
Choose a lean cut of steak or stew meat. I used a package of lean top sirloin cut into very small, bite-size pieces.
Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Less Sodium Marinade can be found in most major supermarkets and Target. Here’s a link to their website to find where to buy it near you. https://www.soyvay.com/products/veri-veri-teriyaki-less-sodium/
I used a 14 oz bag of frozen Birds Eye C&W broccoli florets. I always keep a bag on hand in my freezer. If you don’t want to use frozen, you can use fresh broccoli. Steam it first before adding to cooked teriyaki beef.
WW SmartPoints 9-Blue
WW SmartPoints 9-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 8
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 cup serving of beef, broccoli and sauce
304 calories, 8g calories, 2g sat. fat, 70mg chol, 28g prot, 32g carbs, 2g fiber, 1,200mg sod, 20g sugar