If you love a good tasting cheeseburger, you’ll love this fabulous chili. It’s packed with burger flavors and loaded with fiber thanks to the beans. Each 1 cup serving has 274 calories, 7 grams of fat, and 4 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 7 Green.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours on low heat or 1½-2 hours on high heat
Ingredients for Chili:
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1 cup onions, chopped
1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
1 (15-oz) can white or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
½ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1½ teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoons ground cumin
Ingredients for Topping:
6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Coat crock-pot with cooking spray.
2. In a large nonstick pan, add ground beef, onions, red bell peppers and garlic. Cook ground beef stirring often until browned. While cooking, be sure to break-up beef into a crumble.
3. Add beef mixture to crock-pot. Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder and cumin. Mix well.
4. Cover and cook 1½-2 hours on high heat or on low heat for 3-4 hours. Time varies depending on your crock-pot.
5. To serve: Add 1 cup of chili to each bowl. Top each with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Or add shredded lettuce to each bowl or plate and top with chili then cheese. You can even drizzle a little skinny ranch over the top.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 1 cup.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-Blue
WW SmartPoints 7-Green
WW Points Plus 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 cup including cheese
274 calories, 7g fat, 3g sat. fat, 42mg chol, 35g carbs, 25g prot, 7g fiber, 875mg sod, 5g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
156 calories, 3g sat. fat, 18g protein, 1g sugar