I like to serve this as a starter for a hearty meal or an appetizer. You can make it ahead and keep in fridge until you are almost ready to pop it in the oven. Our “Spice of Life” spice blends bring out amazing, fresh and vibrant flavors. Enjoy!!!
Recipe by Lori Foster
Spice of Life
“Spice of Life’ GREEK INFLUENCE spice blend
1 cup tomato sauce
4 Eggland’s Best eggs
4 Eggland’s Best yolks
4 tsp. low or fat free milk
“Spice of Life” CAJUN SENSATION spice blend
1 cup grated Manchego Cheese (you can substitute Asiago cheese if desired)
½ c grated Parmesan cheese
“Spice of Life” ITALIAN TRADITIONS spice blend
1. Cut baguette into thin slices (diagonally), rub with olive oil and lay out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with “Spice of Life” GREEK INFLUENCE. Bake (325 degrees) in preheated oven until dried and golden brown, approx. 30-35 minutes (alternative: place under broiler until golden brown, careful not to burn). Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Turn up oven temp. to 500 degrees.
3. Butter the bottom and side of 4 ramekins. Divide the tomato sauce among the ramekins and spoon into each. Crack an egg and egg yolk and place on top of tomato sauce. Add 1 tsp. milk in each ramekin and sprinkle ½ tsp each of “Spice of life” CAJUN SENSATION on top of egg. Cover top with Manchego and Parmesan cheese and finish by sprinkling with “Spice of Life” ITALIAN TRADITIONS.
4. Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the egg whites still jiggle a little. Remove from oven and let set.
5. To serve, place ramekin on the center of a plate and lay toasted baguette slices on the side for dipping.