I love these biscotti for Easter or anytime of year. My co-workers love them too!!!
Recipe by Lindsey Sperlo
Hair Stylist at Faces Ala Mode Salon in
San Luis Obispo, California
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
3 EggLand’s Best eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup colorful jelly beans
sugar for coating
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. With a electric mixer, cream oil and sugar together. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and jelly beans and only mix until combined. Do not over mix.
4. Divide batter into 2 and place on lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each with a little sugar to handle the handle the dough easier. Shape the two pieces into logs, about
13” long by 2-3 “ wide. Separate the two logs.
5. Bake for 35 minutes. Take out of oven and cut into 1″ wide slices. Lay on their sides, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for 12 minutes. Take out of oven again, turn over. sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for 12 more minutes.
6. Cool before eating. Makes 15 biscotti