If you love campfire s’mores, you’ll really love these luscious low fat frozen treats. I’m using all the yummy flavors of a classic s’more. This recipe makes 1 serving, so it’s easy to assemble, but make a bunch and keep them on hand in the freezer. One skinny sandwich has 150 calories, 3 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. This yummy frozen treat makes a terrific dessert for the lazy days of summer. Very fun to serve at a barbecue or pool party. One bite and you’ll see, you’ll probably want s’more!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Freeze Time: 1 hour
1 full Honey Maid low fat honey graham cracker, see shopping tip
1 tablespoon Kraft Jet-Puffed marshmallow cream. see shopping tip
½ tablespoon Nestle mini semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt (frozen solid), see prep tip and shopping tip
1. Break one graham cracker in half. Spread one half with 1 tablespoon marshmallow cream and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips on top of cream.
2. Top other half with 2 tablespoons frozen yogurt and place marshmallow side in, on top of yogurt, to create a sandwich. Using a dull knife, wipe the sides clean. By hand, place a few chips on each side.
3. Place on a plate and freezer. Freeze until firm, before serving.
4. If making several at once, keep frozen yogurt or ice cream in freezer and follow step 1 with as many as you desire to make. Next, follow steps 2 and 3.
5. Place each, unwrapped, on a plate in freezer. Once frozen, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and store in freezer. They’ll keep in freezer for several weeks, if they last that long!
Makes 1 frozen sandwich
Although the true origin of s’mores seems to be a mystery, the first documented recipe for s’mores came from a Girl Scout publication in 1927! Before long, s’mores became a campfire staple for everyone. S’more folklore suggests that s’mores got their name right by the campfire. After eating one, young kids chanted “gimme some more!”
Most supermarkets sell Honey Maid’s low fat graham crackers. They’re displayed in the cookie aisle.
Kraft sells marshmallow cream in (7 oz) jars called Jet-Puffed marshmallow cream. You’ll find it in the same section as bagged marshmallows but you might have to ask your grocery.
Buy fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt at your local yogurt shop or a store bought brand such as, Dryer’s fat free vanilla frozen yogurt. Breyer’s fat-free creamy vanilla ice cream also works great for this recipe.
To ensure that you make a clean break in each graham cracker be sure to break in half with the right side up of each cracker. If you break with the back side up, it doesn’t create a clean cut down the middle.
If using soft frozen yogurt from your local yogurt shop, freeze for at least an hour to become firm and easier to work with.
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 frozen sandwich
150 calories, 3g fat, 2g protein, 29g carbs, 1g fiber, 124mg sodium, 15g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 Blue Bunny S’mores Ice Cream Bar
170 calories, 12g fat, 2g protein, 14g carbs, 0g fiber, 50mg sodium, 12g sugar