These little gems have been very popular on my site… Have you tried them yet? They are yummy, yummy, yummy! The whole family will love them and so will you because they are super easy to make. What a fun way to present meatloaf. Even meatloaf haters love them! The skinny for each muffin, 115 calories, 2 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. So low in calories and fat you can easily enjoy 2 of them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Meatloaf Muffins:
1 package (~1.25 pounds) 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 slice whole wheat or multigrain bread (I used Milton’s Multi-Grain) or ½ cup store bought bread crumbs.
1 cup onions, finely diced
1 egg, I used Egg-Land’s Best eggs
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
⅓ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce or your favorite
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice whole wheat or multi-grain bread. Place in blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, onions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup barbecue sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, thoroughly mix together until well blended.
4. Add meatloaf mixture to the top of each muffin cup, flattening out the tops. Top each meatloaf muffin with ¾ tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread evenly over top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen it from pan. Remove to a serving plate.
Makes 9 meatloaf muffins (1-2 muffins per serving)
I love Milton’s Multi-Grain bread and used it to make the bread crumbs. It’s sold in most supermarkets and Trader Joe’s.
Sweet Baby Rays is such a delicious barbecue sauce. You’ll find it in most supermarkets where other barbecue sauces are sold.
I shared this recipe on Weekend Potluck.
Weight Watchers (old points) 2
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 meatloaf muffin with barbecue sauce
115 calories, 1.6g fat, 18g protein, 18g carbs, 1g fiber, 317mg sodium, 3g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 Rachel Ray’s Meatloaf Muffins with barbecue sauce
417 calories, 11g fat, 37g protein, 39g carbs, 2g fiber, 852mg sodium