If you’ve never made a turkey tenderloin, you’re in for a treat. It’s a delightful cut of meat, easy to prepare and very tender. This is not your typical boring and bland turkey recipe either. The balsamic reduction sauce is bursting with flavor. Grilled or baked this recipe taste wonderful. I’ve included the directions both! The skinny for a 4 ounce serving including this luxurious sauce, 257 calories, 1 gram of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients For The Balsamic Sauce:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup ketchup
⅓ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
A little salt and pepper, to taste
Ingredients For Turkey Tenderloins:
2 turkey tenderloins (about 1½ lb. total), patted dry
Instructions For Grilling:
1. Preheat one side of grill to medium-high, the other side to medium-low.
2. In a nonstick saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Saute onions in oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, Dijon and a little salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 1½ cups, about 10 minutes. Set aside 1 cup sauce for serving.
3. Brush turkey tenderloins with ¼ cup remaining sauce. Grill turkey, covered, on medium-low side of grill, 4 minutes. Flip turkey, base with 2 tablespoons sauce and grill 4 minutes. Baste again with 2 tablespoons sauce and transfer turkey to medium-high side. Cook basted turkey, until an instant read thermometer registers 165 degrees, about 4 minutes.
4. Remove turkey from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
5. Drizzle remaining sauce that was set aside over turkey slices and serve.
Instructions For Baking:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place turkey tenderloins in a 9×9 baking pan. Cut pieces, if too large. Reserve 1 cup sauce for serving. Spread ¼ cup over top of tenderloins and set aside ¼ cup for broiling.
2. Cover pan with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes.
3. Preheat broiler, cover cooked tenderloins with ¼ cup sauce and broil for about 3 minutes, until browned.
4. Remove turkey from oven and let rest for 5 minutes, before slicing.
5. Drizzle the 1 cup sauce that was set aside, over turkey slices and serve.
Makes 6 servings (~ 4 ounces turkey per serving)
Turkey tenderloins are the tender long strip of white meat hidden under the turkey breast. Because this strip of meat is an underused muscle of the turkey, it’s naturally very tender.
Turkey tenderloin is a healthy, low calorie and low fat protein when the skin is removed. It contains a good amount of niacin and vitamins B6 and B12.
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (~ 4 ounces turkey per serving)
257 calories, 1g fat, 29g protein, 34g carbs, 1g fiber, 517mg sodium, 25g sugar
|FAT FACTS: the skinny and fat facts are the same for this recipe|