My family loves meatloaf, especially this absolutely delicious one. Adding steak sauce to this meatloaf created the most amazing flavor! To make it skinny, I used extra lean ground beef, egg whites and homemade multi-grain bread crumbs. Each serving has just 162 calories, 4 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
1 pound extra lean ground beef (96%) see shopping tips
1½ slices multi-grain or whole wheat bread or 1 cup bread crumbs, see shopping tips
1 cup onions, diced
¾ cup red bell pepper, diced
2 egg whites
⅓ cup A1 Steak Sauce or your favorite, divided
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
2. To make bread crumbs: toast bread. Break into pieces and place in blender. Pulse into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, red bell pepper, egg whites, 3 tablespoons steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix together all the ingredients.
4. Place meat mixture on baking sheet and free form a loaf by hand. It should be about 12”x4.” Using the back of a spoon or knife, spread the top of loaf with remaining 2 tablespoons of steak sauce.
5. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting into 12 slices.
Makes 12 slices. Each serving, 2 slices.
I used the extra lean ground beef (96%) at Trader Joe’s. Most supermarkets sell very lean ground beef.
I love Milton’s multi-grain bread for the crumbs. Most supermarkets sell it or use your favorite bread. You could also use store bought bread crumbs for this recipe.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints 3
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 2 slices
162 calories, 4g fat, 1.4g sat. fat, 40mg chol, 19g protein, 13g carbs, 2g fiber, 493mg sodium, 5g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
132 calories, 1g sat. fat, 4g sugar, 15g protein