These adorable little burger appetizers will delight everyone! They’re bun-less and topped with a yummy, skinny Thousand Island dressing and are so good. Serving food on a stick is always a fun way to go. Great for parties and watching sports. The kids will love them for dinner served with one of my baked French fry recipes. Check out Serving Tips, below for these 3 recipes. Each mini burger on a stick has just 36 calories, 1 gram of fat and 1 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints and 1 Green.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 18 minutes
Ingredients for Burgers:
1 pound extra lean ground beef, see shopping tip
1 egg white
1 cup onion, grated or minced small
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
½ teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt or ¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Thousand Island Dressing:
1½ tablespoons ketchup
1½ tablespoons mustard
1½ tablespoons light mayonnaise
½ tablespoon relish
Ingredients for Sticks:
28 pieces of romaine lettuce
28 grape or small cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for burgers. Using clean hands, mix until well combined. Roll mixture (⅛ cup each) into 28 round mini burgers (like meatballs).
3. Place burgers onto baking sheet and bake until cooked through about 16-18 minutes.
4. While burgers are baking, prepare Thousand Island dressing. In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and relish. Next, cut the lettuce into pieces and wash grape tomatoes. Note: These sticks come together quickly, if you prep everything while burgers are baking.
4. Remove burgers from oven. You’ll notice all the fat from the meat has oozed out onto baking sheet. Using a slotted spoon or spatula, remove burgers to a plate. Dip top of each burger into Thousand Island dressing.
5. To make each: using a toothpick, add 1 burger, next lettuce and top with 1 grape tomato. Serve immediately. Mini burgers will last in fridge for several days and can be reheated. You can store any leftover burgers in freezer.
Makes 28 mini burgers on a stick
I used Trader Joe’s extra lean ground beef (96/4) but most supermarkets sell extra lean ground beef.
Turn these mini burgers on a stick into a dinner by serving at least 4 per person. Serve with one of my baked fries recipes. Make either, Skinny Fries, Baked Parmesan Garlic Fries, or Sweet Potato Fries.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 1-Blue
WW SmartPoints 1-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 1
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 mini burger on a stick
36 calories, 1g fat, 0.3g sat. fat, 7mg chol, 4g prot, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 92mg sod, 1g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
30 calories, 0.3g sat. fat, 1g sugar, 3g protein