Get ready to make some super yummy meatloaf muffins. They’re filled with all the fabulous flavors of buffalo wings that are traditionally dipped in ranch dressing and served with carrots and celery. These muffins have the carrots, celery, ranch dressing and hot wings sauce baked right in them. My family loves them and I know yours will too! Plus, they freeze great. Each skinny muffin has only 92 calories, 2 grams of fat and just 1 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints and 2 Green. So go for it and enjoy 2-3 totally guilt-free!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Meatloaf Muffins:
1 package (~1.25 pounds) 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
1 slice whole-wheat or multigrain bread (I used Milton’s multigrain)
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrots, shredded
¾ cup onions, diced
½ cup fat-free cottage cheese
1 egg, I used Egg-Land’s Best eggs
2 tablespoons Frank’s red hot original sauce, see shopping tips
Ingredients for Sauce:
2 tablespoons Frank’s red hot original sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice multigrain bread or whole wheat bread. Place in blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
3. In a large bowl, add the breadcrumbs and all meatloaf muffin ingredients. Mix together well.
4. Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup and scoop the meatloaf mixture into each muffin cup. Make sure the meatloaf mixture goes to the top of each muffin cup. Flatten the tops.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Drain any fat by carefully tipping the pan over the sink. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen them from the pan.
6. Make the topping: Mix together ⅓ cup ranch dressing and 2 tablespoons Frank’s red hot original sauce. Before serving muffins, spoon about ½ tablespoon sauce over each muffin.
Makes 12 meatloaf muffins (1-3 muffins per serving, as desired)
Buffalo wings are traditionally served hot, along with celery sticks and/or carrot sticks with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
99% fat-free ground turkey is the leanest ground meat. That said, you could use one with 94% fat since once made you drain the fat from the muffin tin and blot on paper towels.
I love Milton’s Multigrain bread and used it to make the bread crumbs. It’s sold in most supermarkets and Trader Joe’s. Or, use your favorite to make the bread crumbs.
I used Franks Red Hot Original sauce for this recipe. Many hot wings sauces are way too spicy for my taste. This one is just spicy enough. You’ll find it in most supermarkets where Tabasco and other hot sauces are sold. Or, use your favorite sauce.
WW FreeStyle SmartPoints 1-Blue
WW SmartPoints 2-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 2
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 meatloaf muffin and ½ tablespoon sauce
92 cal. 2g fat, 0g sat. fat, 38mg chol, 14g prot, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 366mg sod, 2g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
28 calories, 0g sat. fat, 1g sugar, 2g protein