Such an easy side dish for Thanksgiving and throughout the holiday season. These Brussels sprouts are roasted until golden, then drizzled with a yummy maple-balsamic glaze and roasted until caramelized. The flavors pair especially well with turkey, chicken or pork. It’s sure to become a go-to side dish, this time of year. Each ¾ cup serving has 105 calories, 4 grams of fat, and 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
1 pound Brussels sprouts or 1 (16 oz) bag
1 tablespoon olive oil
A little salt and pepper
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Cut each Brussels sprout in half. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, toss to combine. Spread out in an even layer on baking pan.
3. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, stir together maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and garlic. Mix well.
5. Remove Brussels sprouts from oven. Pour maple/balsamic mixture all over top and toss until everything is evenly coated. Return pan to hot oven and roast for about 5 minutes more, until Brussels are golden and tender.
6. This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled and so on.
Makes 3 cups total (4 serving). Each serving, ¾ cup.
Brussels sprouts contain good amounts of vitamin A, C, folic acid and fiber.
Choose Brussels sprouts that are firm, compact, and have bright green buds. The smaller the sprouts the more tender they will be. I found them at Trader Joe’s in a 16 oz bag in the produce section.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 3
|SKINNY FACTS: for ¾ cup serving
105 calories, 4g fat, 1g sat. fat, 0mg chol, 4g prot, 17g carbs, 4g fiber, 140mg sod, 8g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
57 calories, 1 g sat. fat, 6g sugar, 0g protein