These little gems are over-the-top delicious! Crispy and packed with flavor, they make the perfect appetizer or meal. My husband and I love them so much, we even enjoyed them for dinner! Each ravioli has 78 calories, 3 grams of fat and 2 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 2 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 (10 oz) package refrigerated ravioli, I used spinach and ricotta ravioli, see shopping tips
1 cup homemade multi-grain or whole wheat bread crumbs (I used 2 slices Milton’s Multi-grain bread to make the crumbs)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 large eggs, I like Egg-lands’s Best
Cooking Spray, I used olive oil spray
Pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping, see shopping tips
1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Cook ravioli in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Make your own bread crumbs: Toast 2 slices of bread. Add to blender or food processor to create crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. In another small bowl, beat 2 eggs.
4. Lightly spray inside of the air-fryer basket with cooking spray. Dip cooked ravioli into eggs, then dip each side into bread crumb mixture. Place breaded ravioli in a single layer in your air fryer basket. Set your cook time to 8 minutes. No need to turn ravioli halfway. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
5. Serve at once with a side of pizza sauce or marinara sauce, for dipping.
Makes 14 ravioli appetizers.
I used 1 (!0 oz) package Giovanni Rana Spinach & Ricotta Ravioli. It’s fantastic! They make a variety of different ravioli. Most supermarkets sell this brand in the refrigerator pasta section. Here’s a link to all their ravioli: https://www.giovanniranausa.com/products.htmlhttps://www.giovanniranausa.com/products.html
Or, you can use your favorite ravioli.
I used Milton’s multigrain bread for the bread crumbs. Most supermarkets sell it and so doesTrader Joe’s. Or, use your favorite.
Classico or Ragu pizza sauce works great for dipping.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 2-Blue
WW SmartPoints 2-Green
WW Points Plus 2
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 appetizer (not including dipping sauce)
78 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat. fat, 40mg chol, 9g protein, 9g carbs, 1g fiber, 149mg sod, 1g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle Points (1 appetizer) (not including dipping sauce)
67 calories, 1g sat. fat, 3g protein, 1g sugar