Finally, I bought an air fryer and made my first recipe. These skinny fries are incredible! Instead of deep-frying in a ton of oil, these are toss in only 2 teaspoons of oil and baked, quickly in an air fryer for about 15 minutes. Each serving has 125 calories, 3 grams of fat and 4 Blue Freestyle SmartPoints, and 4 Green. If you don’t have an air fryer, try my yummy baked skinny fries.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for Fries:
2 medium russet potatoes or 1 large russet potato (~12-13 ounces)
2 teaspoons olive oil
½- ¾ teaspoon seasoning salt such as Lawry’s
A little salt, to taste
Ingredients for Dipping: optional
Skinny Ranch Dressing
1. Scrub potatoes and then slice into strips. Keep the skin on or remove, if desired.
2. Optional step: Soak potatoes in a bowl of fresh water for 30 minutes. Drain water and pat dry. If desired. I didn’t do this and they still tasted amazing!
3. Add cut potatoes to a bowl. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Toss to coat all potatoes. Sprinkle with seasoning salt and a little salt. Toss to coat.
4. Place potatoes into Air Fryer Basket. Air Fry at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Be sure to shake the basket halfway through.
5. To reheat leftover fries. Place back in your air fryer for about 5 minutes. Or, place on a cookie sheet and heat in a 400-degree oven for about 5 minutes.
Makes 3 cups total. Serves 3-1 cup serving.
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food. A mechanical fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer.
If desired, soak potatoes in a bowl of fresh water for 30 minutes. Drain water and pat dry. This removes the starch. I actually didn’t do this step and they were still wonderful!
The air fryer I bought is called Nu Wave Brio Air Fryer. It’s a 3-quart size and they do make them larger if desired. I love it! It’s very simple to use. You can buy it on Amazon.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-Blue
WW SmartPoints 4-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 3
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 cup serving
125 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat. fat, 0mg chol, 2g prot, 22g carbs, 3g fiber, 373mg sod, 1g sugar