It’s such a simple way to make chicken. So tasty, tender with a satisfying crunch. Each protein-packed serving has 216 calories, 5 grams of fat and 2 Blue Freestyle SmartPoints, and 4 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes, baked and 8 minutes Air-fried
2 (8 oz) boneless chicken breasts (cut into 4 portions) see prep tips
½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream, see shopping tips
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
2 teaspoons dried thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
Dash of cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons light butter or Smart Balance light, melted butter.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine yogurt, both mustards, and mayo in a small bowl. In a second bowl, combine bread crumbs, thyme, a little salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper.
3. Coat both sides of chicken breasts in yogurt/mustard mixture. Next, roll chicken in crumb mixture. Coat both sides.
4. To Bake Chicken: Place chicken pieces in a single layer on a large baking pan and drizzle each piece of chicken with 1 teaspoon melted butter. Bake for about 30 minutes until chicken is white inside, no longer pink. If you want the top to be more crispy, place under the broiler for a minute or so.
5. To Bake in Air-fryer: Preheat fryer to 390 degrees. Bake for 4 minutes, turn over and bake for an additional 4 minutes.
Makes 4 servings
I like using Chobani nonfat Greek yogurt whenever a recipe calls for using yogurt or sour cream. It’s richly thick and contains more protein than most nonfat Greek yogurts.
If using 2 large chicken breasts, cut them in half lengthwise to create 4 pieces of chicken.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 2-Blue
WW SmartPoints 4-Green
WW Points Plus 5
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
216 calories, 5g fat, 2g sat. fat, 56mg chol, 30g protein, 11g carbs, 1g fiber, 471mg sod, 1g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
71 calories, 1g sat. fat, 1g prot, 0g sugar