Here’s a super easy dish I think you’ll really enjoy. The chicken is so tender and the sauce is extremely flavorful! First, the chicken is cooked with the sauce in the crock-pot. Once cooked, you shredded it. I love to serve this shredded chicken and sauce over steamed cabbage or broccoli slaw. Served this way, each serving has 267 calories, 3 grams of fat and 4 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 7 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Crock-Pot Time: Low Heat 5-6 hours or on High Heat 2½-3 hours.
1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
Salt & black pepper, to taste
1 cups onions, chopped
¼ cup pure Maple syrup
¼ cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (12 oz) bag shredded cabbage (~5 cups) or broccoli slaw
Garnish with chopped scallions or chives, if desired
1. Sprinkle chicken with a little garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place in crock-pot.
2. In a small microwave-safe bowl or plate, add onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until soft. Add onions all over chicken.
3. In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, Dijon, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and olive oil. Whisk until smooth. Pour over chicken and onions. Using a spoon, cover chicken all over with sauce.
4. Set crock-pot to HIGH heat and cook 2½– 3 hours or set on LOW heat and cook 5-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and tender. Cook time varies due to the type of crock-pot you have.
5. Cool chicken slightly and shred. Use your hands or a fork to shred.
6. When ready to serve, place shredded cabbage or broccoli slaw in a microwave-safe, large bowl. Cook in microwave for about 2 minutes, until soft.
7. To serve: add 1¼ cup cooked cabbage to each plate. Add 1 cup shredded chicken with sauce.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving, 1 cup shredded chicken with sauce and about 1¼ cups cooked, shredded cabbage.
Looking to buy a crock-pot? Here’s one of my favorites:
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker, Digital Timer, Stainless Steel
Weight Watchers FreeStyle SmartPoints 4
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 7
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (1 cup chicken and sauce and cabbage)
267 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat. fat, 55mg chol, 28g prot, 23g carbs, 869mg sod, 3g fiber, 13g sugar
|FACTS: for FreeStyle SmartPoints
64 calories, 0g sat. fat, 0g protein, 13g protein