Italian, meets, Mexican, meets Buffalo wings sauce all in this fantastic casserole. I know it sounds like many different flavors but they actually work splendidly together! Each very satisfying serving has 243 calories, 5 grams of fat and 6 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
1 cup onions, chopped
1 (15 oz) container fat-free ricotta cheese
1½ cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
1 egg, I like Egg-Lands Best eggs
1 egg white
½ cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed, see prep tip
1½ cups pasta or marinara sauce (from a jar) such as Classico, Barilla, Prego or 1 (14 oz) jar Ragu or Prego, pizza sauce (1½ cups)
½ cup mild Buffalo wings sauce, see shopping tip
6 corn tortillas, cut each into fours
⅓ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Fat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt, for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9” square pan with cooking spray.
2. Place onions in a small microwave-safe bowl or plate. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until soft.
3. In a large bowl, add cooked onions, ricotta cheese, chicken, egg, egg white and thawed corn. Mix well.
4. In another small bowl, mix together pasta sauce and Buffalo wing sauce. Spread ½ cup of sauce on bottom of pan.
5. Arrange 3 tortillas (12 pieces) on top of pasta sauce
6. Spread ½ of ricotta/chicken mixture over tortillas. Spread evenly using fingers or a rubber spatula.
7. Spread ½ cup of pasta/buffalo wings sauce, evenly over top.
8. Arrange 3 more tortillas (12 pieces).
9. Spread remaining ricotta/cheese mixture evenly over the tortillas. Spread all around, using your finger tips or rubber spatula.
10. Top with remaining sauce.
11. Cover pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
12. Remove cover, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover and bake 15 more minutes.
13. Cool slightly and cut into 6 slices. Top each slice with a dollop of fat-free sour cream or yogurt, if desired.
Makes 6 servings (each serving, 1 slice)
I like Franks Red Hot Original sauce for this recipe. Many hot wings sauces are way too spicy for my taste. This one is just spicy enough. You’ll find it in most supermarkets where Tabasco and other hot sauces are sold. Or, use your favorite sauce.
Thaw frozen corn easily by placing in a small colander and running hot water over it. Drain before adding to bowl.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 6
Weight Watchers Points Plus 6
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 slice
243 calories, 5g fat, 1g sat. fat, 74mg chol, 28g carbs, 22g prot, 4g fiber, 1,200mg sod, 9g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
233 calories, 1g sat. fat, 9g sugar, 22g protein