Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time for Marinade: 45 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
½ cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1½ tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
Fresh black pepper, to taste
4 (5 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (If your chicken breast are large, cut into 5 ounce sizes to equal 4 breasts)
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Fresh rosemary springs, for garnish
1. To make marinade: In a small pot, add vinegar, oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and mix until combined. Bring up to a boil, turn heat down to medium and simmer until reduced in half, about 3 minutes. Place in refrigerator to cool for about 15 minutes. For a quicker chill, place in freezer for about 5 minutes.
2. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place chicken in baking dish and pour cooled marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Can be refrigerated overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take dish out of refrigerator, cover with foil and baked in marinade. Bake for about 35 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
4. Remove chicken to serving plate. Pour cooked marinade into a small pot. Add 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Cook a few minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. Pour some of the sauce over chicken and serve.
5. Use the leftover sauce drizzled in a baked potato, if desired.
Makes 4 servings, each serving 1 breast with sauce
Balsamic vinegar is made in Italy in areas around Modena and Reggio Emilia. White Trebbiano grapes are used to produce the vinegar. It has a dark, rich, color and a sweet pungent aged taste due to the lengthy aging process.
Vinegar has been valued for it’s healing properties for thousands of years. Some feel it aids in digestion and can help regulate blood sugar levels.
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 chicken breast with sauce
169 calories, 3g fat, 29g protein, 6g carbs, 0g fiber, 158mg sodium, 0g sugar
|FAT FACTS: the skinny and fat facts are the same for this recipe|