Okay all you chocolate lovers, here’s some healthy cookies you’ll just love! They really satisfy a chocolate craving while being low in fat and gluten free. No flour at all. The base is mainly oats! To make them gluten free, you’ll need to use gluten free oats, otherwise old fashioned rolled oats work great. Each skinny cookie has 71 calories, 2.5 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 20 minutes for cookie batter
Bake Time: 18-20 minutes
2 tablespoons light butter, melted (I used Smart Balance Light Butter and Canola Oil Blend or Smart Balance Light)
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats or gluten free oats, see shopping tips
1 (14 oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
½ cup unsweetened cocoa, see shopping tips
1 cup dark chocolate chips, I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Parchment paper for baking, see shopping tips
1. In a large bowl, add melted butter. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well to combine.
2. Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes or freeze for 20 minutes so it’s easier to handle. The batter is not your typical cookie batter.
3. To Bake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, scoop 1 level tablespoon for each cookie and add to pan. When scooped it creates a little blob of batter. You might need to squish each cookie together a bit. It does hold together once baked. These cookies don’t spread very much when baked.
4. Place both trays in oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate trays and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Total bake time, 18-20 minutes. If you have batter left, bake remaining cookies.
5. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container or plastic bag. These cookies freeze great too!
Makes 46 cookies total
Rolled oats are very good for you. There is 25 years of clinical proof to show the soluble fiber in rolled oats can help lower cholesterol, which has wonderful benefits for the heart
Dark chocolate has less sugar and the most health benefits. Eating a small amount of dark chocolate is heart healthy. Dark chocolate, not milk or white chocolate, is a potent antioxidant and can help lower blood pressure.
Unsweetened cocoa powder imparts rich chocolate flavor with virtually no sugar and little fat. It also contains essential nutrients. Unsweetened cocoa powder can give you your chocolate fix without the guilt.
I love Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips. Most supermarkets sell them or use your favorite dark chocolate baking chips.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats are one of the brands available in many supermarkets and health food markets. There are other brands of gluten free rolled oats available.
Parchment paper is available in most supermarkets in the plastic wrap and foil aisle. It’s packaged the same. Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Smart and Final also sell it.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
Weight Watchers (old points) 1
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 cookie
71 calories, 2.5g fat, 1g sat. fat, 0mg chol, 2g prot, 12g carbs, 16mg sodium, 1g fiber, 7g sugar