If you love eggplant parmesan, you’ll surely love this! It’s easy-to-prep and absolutely delicious. Using zucchini creates a much more delicate flavor than eggplant. Each main course serving has 239 calories, 5 grams of fat and 7 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 7 Green. Once baked, this casserole freezes great. I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
1 pound (~2 large ) zucchini, sliced lengthwise
1 egg + 1 egg white beaten together
1 cup regular bread crumbs, plain
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
Olive oil cooking spray
1 (28 oz) jar pasta sauce, I used Classico Tomato Basil or your favorite
1 (15 oz) container fat-free ricotta cheese
¾ cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with foil and coat with olive oil or canola oil cooking spray.
2. Slice zucchini lengthwise in slices a little more than ¼ inch thick. On a plate, toss together, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add egg and egg white to a shallow dish. Mix together. Dip the zucchini slices in the eggs and then in bread crumbs. Place the breaded slices on the baking sheet, Coat the top of the zucchini with olive oil spray. Bake in oven 15 minutes on each side or just until the bread crumbs are lightly browned.
3. Coat a 9-inch, square baking pan with cooking spray. In the pan, place one layer of zucchini on the bottom of dish. Add ½ of ricotta cheese on top of all zucchini slices. Spoon ½ of tomato sauce on top of the entire layer. Repeat the layering process once more. Sprinkle top of casserole with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 5 more minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let set. Once set, cut into 6 slices.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 1 slice.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 7-Blue
WW SmartPoints 7-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 6
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 slice
239 calories, 5g fat, 2g sat. fat, 60mg chol, 19g prot, 31g carbs, 3g fiber, 757mg sodium, 13g sugar
|FACTS: for SmartPoints
220 calories, 2g sat. fat, 11g sugar, 18g protein
casserole casseroles dinner dinners