I’m so excited to share this newest version of my salad sticks. This one has the yummy flavors of guacamole in salad form. It’s such a fun way to serve a salad. Makes a wonderful appetizer or side for just about any meal. Everyone will love them! Each salad stick has 92 calories, 6 grams of fat and 2 Blue WW Freestyle Points, and 2 Green.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped into large chunks (a bag of chopped romaine lettuce will work)
12 small cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
1 ripe but firm avocado (1 cup)
4 tablespoons Skinny Ranch Dressing or store-bought light ranch
Tabasco sauce or hot sauce, to taste
4 wooden, bamboo or other disposable skewers (such as plastic), see shopping tips
1. Cut avocado in half (lengthwise) and take out the pit. Cut each half, in half. Cut each quarter piece into 3 chunks. You’ll end up with 12 avocado chunks.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the ranch dressing with the Tabasco sauce or hot sauce. Start with 4 drops and taste. Add more, if desired.
3. To make each salad stick:
a. Make a small stack of lettuce (about ⅓ cup of lettuce) and thread onto the stick.
b. Next, add 1 tomato
c. Next, add 1 piece of avocado
d. Add 1 more stack of lettuce
e. Add 1 tomato
f. Next, add 1 piece of avocado
g. Repeat these steps 1 more time ending with avocado.
h. Place on serving plate. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon ranch dressing.
4. These can be prepped in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Drizzle the dressing just before serving.
5. This recipe can be doubled, tripled, and so on.
Makes 4 serving. Each serving, 1 salad stick with dressing
I found the wooden (bamboo) skewers at the supermarket in the baking aisle where baking pans are displayed. They are also sold at stores such as Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Or you can use wooden chopsticks instead.
WW Freestyle Points 2-Blue
WW SmartPoints 2-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 2
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 salad stick
92 calories, 6g fat, 1g sat. fat, 2mg chol, 3g prot, 8g carbs, 4g fiber, 116mg sod, 1g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle Points
74 calories, 0g sat. fat, 1g protein, 1g sugar