I tested this festive, super moist cake on some of my girlfriends. Several of us get together once a month to eat, drink, and laugh until it hurts! When everybody gave it a two thumbs up, I couldn’t wait to share it with you. The best part, it’s so simple to make because it uses a cake mix. Super rich and decadent tasting, one skinny slice has 257 calories, 8 grams of fat and 10 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 11 Green. It’s wonderful to serve all during the holiday season.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients for Cake:
1 (16.5 oz) box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons flour
¾ of 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
½ cup water
¼ cup canola oil
2 eggs, I like Egg-Land’s Best
2 egg whites (¼ cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ of an 8-ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese
1½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon reduced-fat or fat-free milk
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray (with flour in it)
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, add the cake mix, flour, pumpkin, pudding, water, and oil. Mix for a few seconds to combine. Add the eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended. Turn mixer on high and mix until very smooth. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. Mix again for a few seconds.
3. Pour cake batter into the coated Bundt pan. Spread the top evenly.
4. Bake about 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully loosen all the sides with a flat knife or spoon and remove the cake onto a plate. Cool cake completely before frosting.
5. To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
6. Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake.
7. Store in the refrigerator. This cake freezes great too.
Makes 16 servings (each serving, 1 slice 1/16 of cake)
Pumpkin provides one of the most abundant sources of beta-carotene, which the body turns into vitamin A. It also contains a hefty amount of fiber and is a good amount of vitamin C and iron.
Egg-Land’s Best eggs are better for you than regular eggs. They contain more vitamin E, 100 mg of Omega 3, and 25% less saturated fat than regular eggs. You’ll find them in most supermarkets.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 10-Blue
WW SmartPoints 11-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 slice (1/16 of cake)
238 calories, 8g fat, 3g sat. fat, 3g protein, 45g carbs, 1g fiber, 322mg sodium, 28g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
216 calories, 2g sat. fat, 2g protein, 27g sugar