If you’re an Alfredo fan, you’re going to adore this dreamy Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake. It’s such a simple, no-fuss dinner that requires very few ingredients. Each skinny slice has 250 calories, 7 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints. This is one of my mainstay dishes and wonderful for a pasta night. Once baked, any leftovers freezes great too!
Prep Time: 20 minutes (includes cooking pasta)
Bake Time: 22 minutes
4 ounces (1½ cups) dry whole grain penne pasta, see shopping tips
1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 (15 ounce) jar light Alfredo sauce, see shopping tips
1 cup fat-free ricotta, see shopping tips
1 egg, I like using Egg-Land’s Best eggs
Black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
1. Cook pasta al dente, not overcooked. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9 x 9 inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, stir together cooked pasta, spinach, chicken, Alfredo sauce, ricotta, egg and pepper. Mix well. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
4. Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Cut into 6 slices.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving 1 slice.
I used Classico Light Alfredo Sauce for this recipe. It’s shelf stable and found in the pasta sauce aisle. There are other brands available, if you can’t find this one.
There are several brands of whole grain or whole wheat penne pasta that will work for this recipe. I used Barilla Whole Grain.
Fat-free ricotta cheese is sold in most supermarkets. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s. If you can’t find it, you can use fat-free cottage cheese. It will still taste great.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints 5
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 7
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 slice
250 calories, 7g fat, 3g sat. fat, 99mg chol, 24g prot, 23g carb, 3g fiber, 495mg sod, 5g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
157 calories, 3g sat. fat, 8g protein, 5g sugar