Comfort food kicked up a notch with an Italian flair. This is a fabulous twist on classic meatloaf made with ground turkey, freshly grated zucchini, and Italian flavors. Each 2 slices serving has 214 calories and 8 grams of fat. It makes wonderful sandwiches with the leftovers if you’re lucky enough to have any!
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey (93%)
- 1 egg, I like using Egg-Land Best
- ½ cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (about 1 medium size) zucchini, grated
- ¾ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup whole wheat or multigrain bread crumbs, from 1 slice toast
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Topping:
- ½ cup pizza sauce or pasta sauce, see shopping tip
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the topping ingredients. Place meatloaf mixture on baking pan. Form into a long-shaped loaf, about 12×4 inches.
Bake in oven for 50 minutes. Remove and spread pasta sauce over meatloaf. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
Place back in oven and bake for 10 more minutes. Serve with extra warmed pizza sauce on the side, if desired.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving, 2 slices.
There are several brands of jarred pizza or pasta sauce. I usually use Ragu’s or Prego’s. You’ll find this selection in the pasta aisle.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-Blue
WW SmartPoints 5-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 5
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (2 slices)
214 cal, 8g fat, 93g sat. fat, 6mg chol, 24g prot, 11g carbs, 2g fiber, 470mg sod, 3g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
186 calories, 2g sat. fat, 3g sugar, 23g protein
Serving: 2slicesCalories: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 24gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 93gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 470mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gBlue Smart Points: 4Green Smart Points: 5Plus Points: 5