The perfect pasta salad for summer! It’s a great side dish for potlucks, picnics and also makes a wonderful main course meal. Particularly easy since it’s tossed with a store-bought light salad dressing. Each 1 cup serving has 173 calories and 5 grams of fat.
- 1 (10 ounces) package refrigerated cheese tortellini, see shopping tips
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes or cherry, chopped
- ¾ cup lite salami, chopped, see shopping tips
- ¾ cup garbanzo beans or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup black olives, drained and sliced
- ¼ cup Girard’s Light Champagne Vinaigrette salad dressing, see shopping tips
- 3-4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Black pepper, to taste
Cook cheese tortellini in a large pot of boiling water until al dente about 6-7 minutes. Drain and cool under cold water.
In a large bowl, combine cooled pasta, tomatoes, salami, beans, red bell pepper and black olives. Add salad dressing and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Be sure to use a rubber spatula so the pasta doesn’t break. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 8 cups. Each serving 1 cup.
One of my favorite store-bought dressing is Girard’s Light Champagne Dressing. It’s sold in most large supermarket chains in the salad dressing aisle. I found them at Von’s/Safeway.
I used Gallo reduced-fat salami. This brand and other brands are available in the luncheon meat section of the supermarket. In addition, I like Columbus Lite Italian Dry Salami and it’s gluten-free. I found it at Von’s/Safeway in the deli section.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-Blue
WW SmartPoints 5-Green
WW Points Plus 4
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 cup
172 calories, 5g fat, 1g sat. fat, 23mg chol, 8g prot, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 453mg sod. 2g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
136 calories, 1g sat. fat, 7g protein, 1g sugar
Serving: 1cupCalories: 172kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 8gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 453mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gBlue Smart Points: 4Green Smart Points: 5Plus Points: 4