Extreme deliciousness…It’s truly a recipe that will delight your taste buds, bite after bite! It’s loaded with lots of healthy ingredients, including cauliflower rice. Each satisfying serving has 318 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 6 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 6 Green.
- 1 (16 oz) package cauliflower rice
- 1 pound extra-lean (at least 85%) ground beef, see shopping tips
- 1½ cups onions, diced
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso original taco seasoning mix, Lawry’s or your favorite
- ½ cup water
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso red enchilada sauce or your favorite
- 1 can (10 oz) Ro*Tel Original mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained (use your favorite brand, if desired)
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips or squares, see shopping tips
- 1 cup shredded light Mexican cheese blend, cheddar cheese, or dairy-free cheese, see shopping tips
To Cook Cauliflower Rice: Add rice to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for about 4-5 minutes, until soft. Remove cover and set aside.
In a large non-stick pan cook ground beef and onions together over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up into a crumble and stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Add beef back to pan.
Stir in cauliflower rice, taco seasoning mix, water, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, and beans. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
Stir in tortilla strips; top with cheese. Cover skillet; set aside 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
To Serve: Spoon about 1¼ cups into each bowl. Top with a little skinny ranch, or non-fat Greek yogurt, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce, if desired.
Any leftovers freeze great!
Makes 6 serving. Each about 1¼ cups
I used Guerrero whole wheat soft tortillas (8-inch each). Most supermarkets sell this brand or use your favorite brand like Mission. Look for a brand that’s ~110 calories each.
I used Trader Joe’s 96% lean ground beef. Sometimes I use (85%) organic, grass feed from Trader joe’s
I like Sargento’s light Mexican cheese or light cheddar. Sometimes I use Follow Your Heart’s dairy-free smoked gouda, diced. This is what I used in the photo above.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 6-Blue
WW SmartPoints 7-Green
WW Points Plus 8
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (1¼ cups)
318 calories, 9g fat, 3g sat fat, 10mg chol, 28g prot, 32g carbs, 825mg sod, 5g fiber, 6g sugar
| FACTS: for Freestyle
235 calories, 3g sat. fat, 23g prot, 1g sugar
Serving: 1.25cupsCalories: 318kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 28gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 825mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gBlue Smart Points: 6Green Smart Points: 7Plus Points: 8