Low Calorie Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry
Ingredients for Stir Fry:
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut in half, see shopping tips
- 2 cups onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 5 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 cups Chinese pea pods (snow peas) sliced in half
- 1¾ cups cooked chicken breast diced
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp vegetable, canola, or olive oil
- 3 tbsp water for stir frying
Ingredients for Sauce:
- ⅓ cup plus reduced-sodium soy sauce (for gluten free, use Tamari soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp ginger (from a jar), see shopping tips
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
First, prep all vegetables and dice the chicken. Set aside.
In a small bowl, add all sauce ingredients and mix until well blended. Set aside.
Coat a large nonstick wok or pan with cooking spray. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan. Add broccoli, onions and carrots and water. Saute over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes until broccoli is soft. Add cabbage and chicken. Saute another 3-4 minutes until soft. Turn down to medium heat, stir in pea pods and sauce mixture. Stir fry for about 2 minutes until all heated through. Stir constantly to blend everything.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days.
Serving: 2cupsCalories: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 20gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 792mgFiber: 7gSugar: 12gBlue Smart Points: 3Green Smart Points: 5Plus Points: 7