Easy, peasy, and terrific for a quick, hearty, and really delicious, vegetarian breakfast. I’ve made it with egg whites or you could use a regular scrambled egg. This recipe makes 1 serving but makes as many as desired. One sandwich has 262 calories, 9 grams of fat and 6 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints, and 7 Green.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter, divided
2 egg whites or 1 large egg
1 sandwich thin, see shopping tips
1 teaspoon light preserves or jam, see shopping tips
1 large tomato slice, cut in half
¼ cup (1 ounce) light cheese, I used mozzarella, shredded
1. Heat a small, nonstick pan with 1 teaspoon butter. Add egg whites and scramble.
2. Spread outside of the sandwich thin, both top and bottom, with ½ teaspoon of butter on each. Split open and spread inside of the bottom slice with preserves.
3. Add scrambled eggs on top of preserves. Top with tomato slices and cheese. Place remaining top piece of sandwich thin, butter side out.
4. Place in Panini maker or George Foreman grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until melted and golden brown. Remove with a spatula to a plate.
5. To cook sandwich in pan: Coat a nonstick pan first with cooking spray. Add sandwich and cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until golden, turn over and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and the sandwich thin is golden brown. Remove to a plate.
Makes 1 sandwich.
Oroweat Sandwich Thins and other brands can be found in most large supermarkets. One sandwich thin has 100 calories, 1g fat, and 5g fiber. They come in several flavors with the same nutrition facts. Use your favorite.
I like Trader Joe’s Reduced-Sugar Preserves. Smuckers and Knott’s also make tasty ones. Use your favorite flavor.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 6-Blue
WW SmartPoints 7-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
262 calories, 9g fat, 3g sat. fat, 13mg chol, 20g prot, 26g carbs, 5g fiber, 609mg sod, 4g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
213 calories, 3g sat. fat, 13g protein, 4g sugar