A bit spicy, a bit creamy, this decadent pasta brings a classic Chicken Alfredo to a whole new level. It’s bursting with flavor and spice thanks to the Cajun seasonings. If this doesn’t wake up your taste buds, nothing will! Don’t worry though, if you don’t like your food too spicy, just add less seasoning and it’ll still taste dreamy. Each serving has 391 calories, 10 grams fat and 8 Blue WW Freestyle SmartPoints.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
6 ounces whole wheat linguine, cooked al dente, see shopping tips
1 package (1 lb.) chicken breast tenders or 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cajun spices, see shopping tips
3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
¾ cup reduced-fat milk
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed), blotted well with paper towels, chopped, see prep tip
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
2. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Reduce heat, add green onions, milk, tomatoes, basil, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for few minutes until heated through.
4. Toss in cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese and coat pasta well.
5. Divide among 4 pasta bowls or plates.
6. Serve at once.
Makes 4 servings (each serving ¼ of recipe)
You’ll find a Cajun blend of spices in most supermarkets in the spice aisle.
You’ll find whole wheat linguine at Trader Joe’s but most supermarkets and health food stores carry it.
I recommend using oil packed sun-dried tomatoes because they add so much flavor. Place them in paper towels and squeeze out most of the oil before adding to the dish.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 8-Blue
WW SmartPoints 10-Green
WW POINTS PLUS 10
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (¼ of recipe)
391 calories, 10g fat, 3g sat. fat, 78mg chol, 36g protein, 37g carbs, 5g fiber, 425mg sodium, 5g sugar
|FACTS: for Freestyle SmartPoints
243 calories, 2g sat. fat, 10g protein, 5g sugar