Get ready to fall in love with these amazingly delicious, low fat, lettuce wraps. They truly have all the great flavors of the popular spicy wings but rearranged into a healthy wrap. No fried wings here! First, I’m sauteing boneless, skinless chicken chunks in a mixture of hot wings sauce, honey and lime. To provide some relief from the sauce, these wraps are topped with crunchy cucumbers, carrots and a skinny ranch dressing. Each wrap has just 112 calories, 2 grams of fat and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. I love to serve these as an appetizer or even for dinner. The results will wow your guests for sure!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Condiments:
¼ cup Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing or store bought reduced-fat ranch dressing, see shopping tip
1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, julienned
8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried
Ingredients for Chicken:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into small chunks
Juice from 1 lemon
¼ cup hot wings sauce, I used Frank’s Red Hot sauce, see shopping tip
¼ cup honey
¼ cup lime juice
1. Prepare Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing and refrigerate.
2. Prep the cucumber, carrots and lettuce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. To make the chicken: Cut the chicken into small chunks. Add to a bowl and toss in lemon juice. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together the hot sauce, honey and lime juice. Set aside.
4. Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and lemon juice and saute, stirring often, for about 3-4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the hot sauce-honey mixture. Simmer until sauce reduces and thickens a bit, about 4-5 minutes. Refrigerate if serving later and reheat before serving.
5. To assemble each wrap: Place ¼ cup chicken and a little sauce in each lettuce leaf. Add some cucumber, carrots and drizzle with ½ tablespoon ranch dressing.
Makes 8 wraps (each wrap contain ¼ cup chicken)
I like Franks Red Hot Original sauce for this recipe. Many hot wings sauces are way too spicy for my taste. This one is just spicy enough. You’ll find it in most supermarkets where Tabasco and other hot sauce is sold. Or, use your favorite sauce.
If you don’t want to make Nancy’s Skinny Ranch Dressing, use a store-bought reduced-fat ranch. If you live in Southern California, you can buy Nancy’s Healthy Kitchen Lite Ranch Dressing at Gelson’s or Ralph’s Markets in the produce department. I also like Trader Joe’s Reduced-fat Ranch Dressing or Marie’s Lite Ranch Dressing which is sold in the produce department of most supermarkets.
You can prep everything for this recipe earlier in the day or even the day before. Heat the chicken in the microwave before serving.
This recipe can easily be doubled, tripled and so on.
Weight Watchers (old points) 2
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 3
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 wrap including ranch dressing
112 calories, 2g fat, 14g protein, 13g carbs, 1g fiber, 395mg sodium, 10g sugar
FAT FACTS: for 1 order of KFC’s hot wings