These mini muffins are little bites of delightful deliciousness! One recipe makes 72 mini muffins. Stock your freezer for an anytime treat your family and friends will love. Each has 44 calories. 1 gram of fat and 2 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. Since they’re small, I like to cut each muffin into 6 bites. Makes for a fun, guilt-free treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 21 minutes
Ingredients for Cake:
Cooking spray (with flour in it)
1 package (16.25 oz) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons flour
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
½ cup water
¼ cup canola oil
2 egg whites
1 large egg, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup rolled oats for topping
Ingredients for Glaze:
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 teaspoons water
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat mini muffin trays with cooking spray (with flour in it)
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, add the cake mix, flour, pumpkin, water and oil. Mix for a few seconds to combine. Add the egg whites, egg, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended. Turn mixer on high and mix until very smooth. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides. Mix again for a few seconds.
3. Fill each mini muffin cup ¾ to the top. Sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon of rolled oats.
4. Bake for 20-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
5. Let sit for a few minutes then carefully remove form pan. Cool. Continue to bake remaining muffins.
6. In a small bowl, mix together glaze ingredients. Drizzle each mini muffin with ¼ teaspoon glaze.
Makes 72 mini muffins total. They freeze great!
Pumpkin provides one of the most abundant sources of beta-carotene, which the body turns into vitamin A. It also contains a hefty amount of fiber and is a good amount of vitamin C and iron.
Egg-Land’s Best eggs are better for you than regular eggs. They contain more vitamin E, 100 mg of Omega 3 and 25% less saturated fat than regular eggs. You’ll find them in most supermarkets.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 2 (for 1 mini muffin)
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 1 (for 1 mini muffin)
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 mini muffin
44 calories, 1.4g fat, 0.2g sat. fat, 2.4mg chol, 2mg sod, 1g prot, 7g carbs, 43mg sod, 0g fiber, 4g sugar