Fried potato pancakes are hands down the holiday favorite. They’re called latkes. I know you’ll love these skinny, baked ones. Best of all, baking them will save about 5 grams of fat per serving. In addition, you’ll save time by not standing over the stove. Each serving, 4 mini pancakes, has 64 calories, 1 gram of fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. These are so good you’ll want to make them several times a year. These bite-size morsels are fun to serve as hors d’oeuvres. Just place them on a serving plate with a small dish of reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream and applesauce. Let everybody dress their own pancake.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons flour
1¼ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
1 small onion, quartered
1 pound potatoes (2-3 medium) peeled & cut into large chunks
Fat-free or reduced-fat sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix the eggs, flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
3. Using a food processor or by hand, grate the potatoes and onions.
4. Wrap the potatoes in paper towels to drain liquid.
5. Mix the potatoes into the egg mixture and blend well.
6. Coat baking pans generously with cooking spray.
7. Drop a tablespoon at a time of batter onto baking pans (about 1 inch apart) and flatten each with a spatula. Place 20 pancakes on each pan.
8. Bake one tray at a time for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown (use 2 ovens, if you have them).
9. Flip pancakes and bake 12 -15 more minutes until golden brown.
10. Place potato pancakes on a platter. Serve with sour cream and applesauce on the side.
11. Serve immediately or prep in advance and heat before serving.
Makes 40 mini potato pancakes (serving size 4 mini pancakes)
Potatoes are a superb source of potassium, niacin, and a good source of fiber and vitamin C.
Weight Watchers (old points) 1
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 2
|SKINNY FACTS: for 4 mini potato pancakes
64 cal, 1g fat, 3g protein,11g carbs, 1g fiber, 309mg sodium, 1g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 4 mini potato pancakes
113 cal, 6.7g fat, 3g protein 11g carbs, 1g fiber, 485mg sodium, 1g sugar