Bake for your sweetheart, family or friends these “melt in your mouth” little kisses. There are very few desserts out there that are totally guilt-free. Happily, these bite-size gems are. What a dream come true with each kiss having just 12.7 calories, 0 grams of fat and 0 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS! They have such a lovely vanilla flavor you don’t need to add the M&M’s at all, if you don’t want to. These Valentine’s Day kisses are the perfect sweet ending to a romantic evening or anytime. I love making them all year around with regular colored M&M’s.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes (allow to cool in the oven for at least 3 hours)
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
⅛ teaspoon salt
¾ cup white sugar
75 M&M’s, I bought a large bag of Valentine’s Day red, pink and white M&M’s, see shopping tip
1 tablespoon pink or red sugar
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2. In an electric mixer or large bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Beat on high until stiff peaks form. It should look like marshmallow cream. Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until glossy and smooth.
3. Drop the batter by a rounded teaspoon size onto the pan. It’s ok to place close together as they don’t spread much.
4. Press 1 M&M candy into each and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar. You should only use a small pinch for each.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. Turn off oven and do not open door. Allow to cool in the oven for at least 3 hours. No peaking! They can stay in the unopened oven overnight, if desired.
6. Store in an airtight container and these kisses will keep for several weeks.
Makes 75 kisses
Invented in 1940, M&M’s have become one of the leading candies in the United States, with more than 400 million individual candy pieces produced in the U.S. each day.
This time of year the supermarkets sell festive colored bags of M&M’s for Valentine’s Day.
Reynolds makes parchment paper on a roll. It’s sold in the same section where foil and plastic wrap is sold. It’s a wonderful product to line your baking sheet with. It’s magical for baking all cookies evenly without burning the bottoms.
These little kisses taste great with or without the M&M’s. They have such a fabulous vanilla flavor all by themselves- Skinny Facts: for 1 kiss without M&M’s
9.3 calories, 0g fat, 0.2g protein, 2.2g carbs, 0g fiber, 6.2mg sodium, 2.2g sugar
Weight Watchers (old points) 0 for 1 kiss, 1 point for 3 kisses and 1 point for 4 kisses
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 0 for 1 kiss, 1 point for 3 kisses and 2 points for 4 kisses
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 kiss including 1 M&M and a pinch of colored sugar
12.7 calories, 0.2g fat, 0.2g protein, 2.7g carbs, 0g fiber, 6.5g sodium, 2.6g sugar
|FAT FACTS: the skinny and fat facts are the same for this recipe