This spectacular sweet and spicy lemon glazed chicken will make your taste buds sizzle! Studies show eating spicy food is good-for-you. It’s one of my favorite ways to make chicken! Each serving has 256 calories, 6 grams of fat and 7 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Check out my serving tips below for a few side dishes to make with this chicken. It’s super fast to make and fabulously delicious!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
¾ cup Panko bread crumbs, see shopping tips
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
4 (4 oz each) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, (1 pound total)
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup honey
1-2 teaspoons Tabasco Sauce (use only 1 teaspoon-if you don’t want it too spicy)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In a shallow dish, add bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and blend together. Dredge both sides of chicken in crumb mixture.
2. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, honey and Tabasco. Set aside.
3. Coat a large non-stick pan with cooking spray. Add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add chicken, cover and sauté until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove chicken to a plate.
4. Add lemon-honey glaze to pan. Cook for about 30 seconds until syrupy. Return cooked chicken to pan, flipping chicken once to coat with the glaze.
5. Remove from pan and serve.
Makes 4 servings (each serving, 4 ounces)
Panko bread crumbs come from Japan. They’re a type of crisp, light, large breadcrumbs. Panko crumbs are typically used to coat foods for frying or sauteing. They’re coarser than most bread crumbs and create a crisper crust.
Most of the healthy benefits of spicy food comes from a compound called capsaicin. It’s the ingredient which makes chili peppers hot. One of the most accepted claims is when you eat spicy food, it promotes sweating and opens the sinuses and bronchial.
Just one squeeze of a lemon contains a whopping 45% of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C. Lemons also contain calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Fresh peeled whole garlic cloves can be found at Trader Joe’s and most supermarkets. They’re packed in plastic bags and are very convenient to use when a recipe calls for fresh garlic. You’ll find them in the refrigerator section of the produce department.
Panko bread crumbs are available in most supermarkets in the Asian section. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s.
I love serving this chicken dish with my recipes for Country Fried Potatoes and Garlic Sauteed Spinach. If you’re looking for a simply potato dish try my Dreamy, Dairy Free, Skinny Mashed Potatoes or just a small baked potato.
Weight Watchers (old points) 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
|SKINNY FACTS: for 1 (4 oz) serving
256 calories, 6g fat, 1.5g sat. fat, 55mg chol, 27g protein, 26g carbs, 0g fiber, 169mg sodium, 18g sugar
|FAT FACTS: for 1 serving
432 calories, 22g fat, 27g protein, 33g carbs, 1g fiber, 1,045mg sodium, 20g sugar